Call to Action
CALL for ACTION:
In case you missed it, The Senate voted 51 to 48:
1. To end coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. To remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent's insurance till the age of 26.
4. To cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Lifetime caps for coverage are back for everyone.
Real and disastrous actions are being taken that will dis proportionally impact tens of thousands of South Carolinians.
Despite their assertions of this being an action to "repeal and replace," no viable alternative plan has been proposed.
As of this moment, no replacement exists.
Today, the House voted along the same lines as the Senate.
BUT - they still have work to do if they're going to succeed in their plan and more votes along the way, so:
Call Congressman Tom Rice!! (202) 225-6121 or (843) 445-6418.
Call Tim Scott (202) 224-6121
Call Lindsey Graham (202) 224-5972
Apparently, Speaker Ryan has had his phones cut off because of the volume of calls, so here is his mailing address:
1233 Longworth HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515
Fax: (202) 225-3393